Peter Wills Medal
The Peter Wills Medal was created in honour of Research Australia’s Board Director, Peter Wills AC, a great leader whose work led to the inception of Research Australia. The Peter Wills Medal is the Ceremony’s flagship award and recognises someone who has made an outstanding, long-term contribution to building Australia’s international reputation in areas of health and medical research and fostering collaboration for better health.
Nominations should not be regarded as being limited to researchers. We welcome submissions for individuals who have made an outstanding contribution in the area of health and medical research, for harnessing government, research, industry and philanthropic collaborations – all to promote a healthier community.
Questions for the nominators to address – please keep your submission to 700-800 words:
- Please tell us about the person you are nominating and why you believe their work should be recognised and rewarded.
- Provide specific examples of the nominees work that highlights the reason why they deserve the award.
- What are the major contributions to the health and medical research sector this work has achieved?
- How has the nominee contributed to building Australia’s international reputation?
- Nominations can be for any individual, team or organisation that meets the criteria for that Award category.
- Research Australia Membership is not a prerequisite nor is it of any advantage or disadvantage during the nomination process.
- Each nominee requires a primary and a secondary nominator.
- The primary nominator must be an employee of a current (financial) member organisation of Research Australia. A person can only be the primary nominator across a maximum of two Award Categories.
- The secondary nominator (can be an individual, team or organisation) and need not be a Research Australia member.
- Confirmation of Nomination: Primary nominators will receive an email confirming details of their nomination. Please check junk email if confirmation email is not received.
- Nominations close July 31 and finalists are announced in September 2023.
- The Winners are announced at the official Awards Ceremony and Gala dinner on November 2 at Doltone House Hyde Park, Sydney