Great Australian Philanthropy Award
This award profiles philanthropy that is outstanding in its generosity, effectiveness, vision, high impact and transformative quality. The Award recognises and encourages personal or professional philanthropic donations over a period of time by an individual(s), partnership, family or business to Australian health and medical research.
Please note that while we require information regarding “scale of financial contribution made or the impact generated’, this data helps inform the decision only. The size of the contribution made will not define the award recipient.
The scale of the financial contribition can remain unpublished, please clearly note this preference on any application.
The Awards Committee will consider nominees that can display evidence of:
- Achievements of a philanthropic individual, couple, family or organisation;
- Engendering leadership and advocacy to give with impact, offering examples of good practice for others in the philanthropy sector;
- Scale of financial contribution made or generated; and
- Recognition of philanthropic achievements in at least the last five years (since 2018).
Please keep your submission to 700-800 words.
- Nominations can be for any individual, team or organisation that meets the criteria for that Award category.
- Research Australia Membership is not a prerequisite nor is it of any advantage or disadvantage during the nomination process.
- Each nominee requires a primary and a secondary nominator.
- The primary nominator must be an employee of a current (financial) member of Research Australia. A person can only be the primary nominator across a maximum of two Award Categories.
- The secondary nominator (can be an individual, team or organisation) and need not be a Research Australia member.
- Confirmation of Nomination: Primary nominators will receive an email confirming details of their nomination. Please check junk email if confirmation email is not received.
- Nominations close July 31 and finalists are announced in September 2023.
- The Winners are announced at the official Awards Ceremony and Gala dinner on November 2 at Doltone House Hyde Park, Sydney