This award profiles philanthropy that is outstanding in its generosity, effectiveness, vision, high impact and transformative quality. The Award recognises and encourages personal or professional philanthropic donations over a period of time by an individual(s), partnership, family or business to Australian health and medical research.
The Awards Committee will consider nominees that can display evidence of:
- Achievements of a philanthropic individual, couple, family or organisation;
- Engendering leadership and advocacy to give with impact, offering examples of good practice for others in the philanthropy sector;
- Scale of financial contribution made or generated; and
- Recognition of philanthropic achievements in at least the last five years (since 2015).
Please keep your submission to 700-800 words.
- Nominations can be for any individual, team or organisation that meets the criteria for that Award category.
- Research Australia Membership is not a prerequisite nor is it of any advantage or disadvantage during the nomination process.
- Each nominee requires a primary and a secondary nominator.
- The primary nominator must be an employee of a current (financial) member of Research Australia. A person can only be the primary nominator across a maximum of two Award Categories.
- The secondary nominator (can be an individual, team or organisation) and need not be a Research Australia member.
- Nominations close August 3 and finalists are announced in September.
- The Winners are announced at the official Awards Ceremony and Gala dinner on December 17 at the Four Seasons Sydney.