Data Innovation Award Sponsored by Bupa Health Foundation
Change is the only constant in data, with new sources and uses emerging all the time. Research Australia is a passionate advocate for promoting the value of data as a national resource, both within the sector and externally. The Data Innovation Award recognises an individual or team whose innovation is considered to represent one of the most impactful new data innovations in the HMR sector within the past five years.
Nominees from all fields of HMR are eligible, not just those specialising in data. Innovations that provide new methodologies for research or have increased the availability and accessibility of data for research are also encouraged to nominate.
Questions for the nominators to address – please keep your submission to 700-800 words:
- Describe how the nominee has demonstrated innovation in the management, design and development or use of data.
- How has this data innovation been applied or translated; or if it has not yet concluded, what is the research’s intended application?
- How did the nominee differentiate the innovation from existing data practices being used in the HMR sector?
- How has the nominee disseminated or promoted the innovation to the relevant end users?
- Nominations can be for any individual, team or organisation that meets the criteria for that Award category.
- Research Australia Membership is not a prerequisite nor is it of any advantage or disadvantage during the nomination process.
- Each nominee requires a primary and a secondary nominator.
- The primary nominator must be an employee of a current (financial) member organisation of Research Australia. A person can only be the primary nominator across a maximum of two Award Categories.
- The secondary nominator (can be an individual, team or organisation) and need not be a Research Australia member.
- Nominations close August 3 and finalists are announced in September 2020.
- The Winners are announced at the official Awards Ceremony and Gala dinner on December 17 at the Four Seasons Sydney.