Health Services Research Award
proudly sponsored by NSW Goverment
Embedding research in Australia’s health system can ultimately deliver safer, more effective, evidence-based and efficient health care. Translating research findings efficiently and in a timely manner into changes in clinical practice is one of the keys to improving patient management; reducing adverse events and readmissions; and reducing wasted spending on unnecessary tests and treatments.
This Award is for an individual or team who has provided leadership and made an outstanding contribution to health services by driving research that has led to a significant improvement in healthcare; and/or has championed the development of the health services research field.
Questions for the nominators to address – please keep your submission to 700-800 words:
- At what stage of their career is the nominee?
- How has the nominee contributed to the development of the health services field?
- Please detail how the nominee has provided leadership in health services research (including positions held etc).
- Please provide information, including examples, of how and where the nominee’s research has been translated and the resulting improvement in health systems and/or healthcare delivery.
- Nominations can be for any individual, team or organisation that meets the criteria for that Award category.
- Research Australia Membership is not a prerequisite nor is it of any advantage or disadvantage during the nomination process.
- Each nominee requires a primary and a secondary nominator.
- The primary nominator must be an employee of a current (financial) member of Research Australia. A person can only be the primary nominator across a maximum of two Award Categories.
- The secondary nominator (can be an individual, team or organisation) and need not be a Research Australia member.
- Confirmation of Nomination: Primary nominators will receive an email confirming details of their nomination. Please check junk email if confirmation email is not received.
- Nominations close August 9 and finalists are announced in September 2023.
- The Winners are announced at the official Awards Ceremony and Gala dinner on November 2 at Doltone House Hyde Park, Sydney