Advocacy Award sponsored by
This award recognises and congratulates champions of health and medical research that raise community awareness and understanding about the importance of health and medical research.
The Awards Committee will be looking for examples and evidence of corporates, individuals or teams who have exhibited excellence in supporting or enabling Australian communities through the championing of health and medical research.
The application may explore the personal strengths of an individual, the corporate commitment of an organisation or the innovative approach of a group of people who have made a difference and inspired others to contribute to their community through the support of health and medical research.
Questions for the nominators to address – please keep your submission to 700-800 words in total:
- How has the nominee raised awareness in supporting and promoting health and medical research?
- How has the nominee championed change in their community to positively benefit the health and medical research sector?
- How has the nominee inspired and motivated others?
- What are the future goals and objectives of the nominee – what is the longevity of their advocacy project(s)?
- Nominations can be for any individual, team or organisation that meets the criteria for that Award category.
- Research Australia Membership is not a prerequisite nor is it of any advantage or disadvantage during the nomination process.
- Each nominee requires a primary and a secondary nominator.
- The primary nominator must be an employee of a current (financial) member organisation of Research Australia. A person can only be the primary nominator across a maximum of two Award Categories.
- The secondary nominator (can be an individual, team or organisation) and need not be a Research Australia member.
- Nominations close August 26 and finalists are announced in October 2022.
- The Winners are announced at the official Awards Ceremony and Gala dinner on December 8 at the Metropolis Melbourne.
You must be logged in to post a comment.