Australia’s world-class research community and strong health system, along with low COVID-19 infection rates, should be a beacon, positioning Australia as the preferred global destination for clinical trials.
We have been working with our members from across the pipeline including Novo Nordisk, GSK, PRAXIS Australia and many others to shine a light on the opportunities (and address the challenges) to attract global clinical trials to Australia.
It is fitting that today on International Clinical Trials Day, Research Australia is pleased to publish our report;
Clearing the pathway for global clinical trials
Improving the environment for clinical trials enables Australian patients to benefit from the latest medicines and technologies developed both in Australia and overseas. It also helps Australian health and medical research to flourish in a competitive and lucrative world market.
This report outlines how we can unlock Australia’s potential through 7 key areas:
- A world-first, national approach to decentralised clinical trials
- Developing a ‘one-stop-shop’ for clinical trial approvals
- How to cost and budget for clinical trials
- Demonstrating Australia’s high-quality clinical trials capacity to the world
- Incorporating health data into Australia’s clinical trial system
- The world’s most highly skilled clinical trials workforce
- Working with consumers to build better clinical trials
To read and/or download the report please click here.