Frontiers Award Sponsored by ANU
The Frontiers category showcases Australia’s potential to extend beyond existing knowledge and boundaries to transformative practical application. Australia is already a global leader in health and medical research excellence, the challenge is to leverage this advantage through bold leadership and game changing innovation.
This category recognises transformative research by an individual, team or corporate that could revolutionise health outcomes within Australia and potentially internationally.
A frontier outcome could be, but is not limited to, applying emerging capabilities in areas such as machine learning, artificial intelligence or robotics; understanding how humans function in extreme environments; reducing healthcare costs without compromising patient outcomes; or ground-breaking transformative medicine.
Questions for the nominators to address – please keep your submission to 700-800 words:
- What are the potential impacts (societal and economic) of this research?
- What specifically makes this research ‘Frontiers’?
- What makes it different from existing practice or application?
- How could this be globally competitive?
- Nominations can be for any individual, team or organisation that meets the criteria for that Award category.
- Research Australia Membership is not a prerequisite nor is it of any advantage or disadvantage during the nomination process.
- Each nominee requires a primary and a secondary nominator.
- The primary nominator must an employee of a current (financial) organisation member of Research Australia. A person can only be the primary nominator across a maximum of two Award Categories.
- The secondary nominator (can be an individual, team or organisation) and need not be a Research Australia member.
- Confirmation of Nomination: Primary nominators will receive an email confirming details of their nomination. Please check junk email if confirmation email is not received.
- Nominations close August 9 and finalists are announced in September 2023.
- The Winners are announced at the official Awards Ceremony and Gala dinner on November 2 at Doltone House, Hyde Park, Sydney